Saturday, May 1, 2010

We're On Our Way!

Wow. So much has happened in the last few weeks that I don't really even know where to begin. Informatively speaking, we have been approved for our visa for Brandon to study in Australia for two years and have bought our plane tickets, so we are officially on our way! Hooray! What a headache that was and what an inward journey we went through to get that point.

I won't bore you with the details, but we really had to battle our way both spiritually and naturally to get our visas. But God is faithful (as always) and answered in such a special and beautiful way, just like our sister in Mexico prayed He would do. So thank you to all who prayed for us, those in Australia who gave me contacts to help me, and those who contacted the immigration dept. for us on our behalf, etc.

Our last official day here is June 28th, as we leave first thing in the morning on the 29th. So we will be trying to fit in as much visits with family and friends before then as we can, as well as get the rest of our stuff sold, and work as much as possible before we leave. It will be a busy two months. Wow... only two months.

Now, just some personal updates on our family. Brandon has started his temp job with the census. Don't know how long it will last, but it is a great opportunity and though I am still working, it gives me a chance to be home a little more. I miss being a mommy. And anyone that knows me, to say that is huge!!! As I do not have a natural tendency towards the domestic :).

We were also able to spend a week down in Padre for some much needed R&R as a family. We originally were just going down for a day or two to take some new clothes over to an orphanage across the border but were able to get a few days in at the beach as well. Happiness!!!

The week turned out to be so much more than we planned. I love how God does that so often. He uses our wimpy little plans and then blows our expectations out of the water! I will be blogging on that later as it truly deserves its very own and I want to invite you to be a part of something awesome that God is doing. So stay tuned!

A few pics of our week in S. Padre for you:

Safari is determined to be a surfer girl


Look out Baywatch!!

Brandon, Safari, and Asher passing out clothes

Safari playing with the kids


Love to you All!

The Griffins

No comments:

Post a Comment